Monday, June 29, 2015

Living Through a Heat Wave....

As I sit here typing, I realize how thankful I am to have a "basement" that is cool. It's our split level and the downstairs is so much cooler than the upstairs. It's hard to believe it's only June and we are already in the 90-100 degrees. Poor Kat, she's in 104 degree weather where she lives. I'm thankful I don't live in Wenatchee but at the same time, I'm sorry for all those families that lost EVERYTHING. We are going to be dealing with this for a while. I can't breath in this heat at times, so I just come downstairs. Patrick seems to be okay with the heat, as he stays upstairs. lol


I came downstairs early in the afternoon and started going through the bucket. I'm not only sewing the strips but I'm cutting them, and sewing them into 9 patches.


As I cut them, I stack them for sewing. I tend to go from one part of the process to the other. I just don't want to do the same thing every time. It does get a little old.


As I was going through the strips, I had extra strips that wouldn't work into the 9 patches. I'll have these for another set later. I can go through the container there and see what goes with them.


My stack of 9 patches are growing. I have a lot of the front color. I have just a few of others. The way I look at it, I'm getting them done. I'm using up fabric I would have just kept looking at to see what I would do with them or look for one color. This way, I get a quilt top out of it. That's okay by me. How I will put them together, now that is another question. I'm just making them for now. I need to trim them all. Nope, didn't do that today. Wasn't in the mood to trim. Not looking forward to trimming, but will do it before I go any further with all these.


While I was cooking, I was basting more fabric to my eagle block. As I look at this photo, I noticed the left wing doesn't go together. So, I'm going to take it out. It looked okay when I was trying to decide, but in just looking at it now, it doesn't work. I'll work on it. I have a couple other fabrics that I can use and will change it to one of those.

I have been working on the applique and I'm liking every step of the way. I need to copy the other eagle patterns before next week when I return Jeannie here patterns.  I can't wait to see what Donna does with the other two blocks I gave her. It will be awesome. She's got a lot of blocks that were donated for the QOV quilts. She will work with those and the eagles. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does. She's so good at (not planning) a quilt. She can put blocks on the wall and work from there. Me?! Yeah, right, not that good. I'm learning....at least I want to believe that! lol

I'm sitting here staying cool....I hope others are too. This heat is just too much.....but hey!, I'm working on projects, so I can't complain too much! Stay cool and be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...