Monday, July 27, 2015

From One Thing To Another.....

Today I went for my walk, and enjoyed not having to go play cribbage today. I did come home and enjoy Charlie's company for an hour. She hasn't wanted to come in lately. It's getting harder for her to jump up on the furniture. So, she seems to want to say outside. I did pick her up and put her in my lap. She was happy with that.

I went downstairs and worked on 5 more thread catchers.


I sewed them up and then had to leave. I went to the post office to mail out Pamela's winning fabrics. I then went to pick Phil up for lunch. We went to one of the Chinese restaurants in town but it was closed. So, we headed over to another one. We had a good lunch. I really enjoyed my time with him. I then took him home, and headed to moms.

I arrived at moms about 20 mins before having to leave for physical therapy. We were going through her buttons. I left her looking for her buttons. The good news at physical therapy is that it's working. I'm not at 100% yet, but my shoulder is doing great. I've gotten more movement then most people have this stage of "frozen shoulder." I haven't quite made it a year yet, and I'm about 90% out of 100%. I'm improving daily. I do the exercises and they are helping a lot!


Mom went to a funeral today, so when I got back she was gone. She had some buttons for me in a jar, and I looked for a few more. I got about 1/2 a jar worth. Mom had tons of buttons, so I didn't have to go shopping for them. I came home and went back downstairs to work on the thread catchers. I had to iron them so I could sew them up. If one looks closely, one will notice my clean room is no longer clean. So, after this is all over, I will have to clean up my table AGAIN. I was in a hurry, but I did put some of my fabrics away......but not near what I needed to put away.

Tomorrow is quilting in town. I will be between working at home and working at the meeting. I have been working on the binding of the QOV quilt, and it's almost done. I will try and have that done tonight. Guess the catchers will be done at the meeting....or I'll work on my applique! Need to get back to applique. I'm still doing the 9 patches as well. I also have been working on the scrap 4 patches for the QOV quilts. I haven't figured out what I will do, but I can work on it.


This morning while doing the catchers, I did get a few strips in on the table mat. I'm adding more colors, because I've used up all I had of some of the fabrics. I will use another red butterfly strip someone in the corners. I'll also bind them in the butterfly fabric. That is the fabric on the back.

Okay, between laundry, running around, and keeping neighbors happy, I'm still getting stuff done. Life is good, and I'm Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...