Friday, July 10, 2015

Interesting Day

Today I helped pick blueberries, walked, played cribbage and then went through all of Art's VCR/DVD's. He wants to have a garage sale to get rid of a lot of the stuff Flo had. So, we went through his stuff and put them in a box for the garage sale. We are talking about having it on the 31st. I may need to go through my stuff again and see if I can find more spending money. lol

I then went downstairs to work on my projects.

Messy workstation

As you can see, I've got one big mess! But that mess is what I'm working on. So, a little at a time is getting done. The solids a slowly shrinking. I'm still getting them sewn together and it's growing with 9 patches. I need to trim them as well.


This is the end of the table. I added more 9 patches from yesterday.


Now I'm starting the second row. Mom called and was talking about how we could put them into place mats. I told her I have way too many and would rather put them in a quilt then to do table mats. I told her I will think about that after I have a quilt put together.


I'm cutting and sewing more QOV squares. AGAIN, I need to trim these. I'm getting quiet a few done.


Here's the guilt wall reminding me of what I need to work on. I will try to get back to these after the two eagles are done. I'm been working on the eagles every chance I get. I gave our card to Art to give to his daughter. He kept asking why, what's it going to cost, etc. I told him it wasn't anything he needs to worry about, just have his daughter call me. I would like him to receive a QOV and she can get that moving since she knows about his military service.

Now, after the nature photos - Check out my GIVE AWAY. If you want to receive them, post a note to me, and I'll put your name in a drawing. I will pull out a name on the 25th. If you check in every day, enter every day. Doesn't bother me. Plus, I will ship it to you free.

After coming back upstairs and before Patrick got home, I went out and picked our blueberries and strawberries. I also took a photo of some of our flowers and things.


Our grapes are growing fast.


Even with the drought going on, we are still having grapes. Patrick loves to make grape juice every year, so he's happy to see all the grapes.


We've even got pumpkins growing.


Patrick's garden is doing great. He's got egg plants growing fast as well. I have some beet greens I need to go out and get before the beets get to be too big.

OKAY, NOW FOR THE GIVE AWAY! 




More will be added by the time the drawing is over. This is the "tails" of my nine patches. They are 2" x 3" and more. Each one is a different size, some are longer then others. I will be adding more as the time goes with me finishing up the rest of my sets. The colors are those you see in my 9 patches. They are 100% cotton fabric that I have collected over the last 20 years. Some are a little "thinner" then others, but they are all good cotton, nothing that was cheap or looks cheap. This is really good cotton fabrics.

So, if you would like to have my "tails" just leave me a comment and I'll put your name in the jar. One the 25th, I will draw the name. I will let post the winner and I will need to get that persons mailing address. Make sure it's easy for me to get a hold of you - or better yet, contact me after I post the winner. Either way, feel free to enter every day if you want.

In the meantime be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...