Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's 97 Degrees Right Now!!!

I'm looking out my window at the thermometer and it reads 96 degrees. No cool breeze tonight! UGH. I'm in front of our fan!!

I did the usual, walking and cribbage. I got skunked again today. Missed it by 2 pegs. UGH! He's skunked me 4 times this month!! Me, only once....

I went to our quilt group meeting. It was getting hot in there as well. Not a place I would want to be in.


I worked on this eagle. I finished the eagle body and the red rose. I also added a couple leaves and the green part to the rose bud. That was basted down. I have more to baste done and will take the green to do that tomorrow while at the fair.


I found the red that I want to use on the firecracker tops. I will put those on tomorrow as well. I'm hoping to get some more done on this one. I'm taking the green with me to the fair to work on. This is part of the Baltimore Liberty blocks.


I pulled 5 basket blocks out of my stack. I will also take these to work on while at the fair. I may not get much done, but I will be prepared. I am also taking the other eagle block with some embroidery fabric to work on. I nee to work on the feathers and the eye. I'm hoping to finish that one as well, and then can give it to Donna.

I may take the squares I have for QOV, and see if she wants to take them. If not, I may figure out what to do with them later.

Today was a good day. I was able to get more done then I thought I would. I'm hoping tomorrow will be even better. I'll be having a "withdrawal" from my games, but that's fine. I'll be better off being Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...