Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Busy Yet Relaxing Day.....

Today started out early. I decided to relax before taking a shower, and I did. It felt like a weekend the way I was going.

I cleaned the stove, and headed downstairs to play.


Play I did. I put the 9 patches out on my guilt wall. Took down my work so I could figure this out. These are the 9 patches I did a while back and had no clue what I would do with them. I thought if I could set them by color it might look pretty good. I haven't decided what I'm going to do, or if I'm going to change some of the colors. I have an idea of using triangles as well. 

I think decided I needed to get moving on the table mats. 


So I put the binding on all 6 of them. I then came back upstairs and watched a few TV shows "On Demand" to get caught up. I finished one of the table mats, and half of the second one. They are taking a tad longer than I would like, but that's okay too. 

I then left to my class. We worked on the applique part of the Dragonfly pattern. I worked on my Acorn quilt. We all got a lot done, and I showed them a few tricks to applique. We all had a great time. I also got some books and floss for Brazilian embroidery from Terri. I was thrilled at what she brought me. I can't wait to check out the books and the stuff she brought me. It will be fun to work on those. I'm also thinking of going to the seminar next year as well. 

I'm looking forward to getting the Acorn quilt done for my Aunt and Uncle. I would like to have it done by the time my folks go down there for Thanksgiving.

It was a good day, got laundry done, cleaned the stove, and was able to work on three of my projects when it comes to quilting...which puts me at Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...