Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It's skin pain not heart or chest pain. 

After finishing up with laundry, I pulled my beads out to get them organized. I needed to get them out of the boxes and into the tubes. 

Three months worth of beads. It's from my monthly surprise boxes. High Street Beading Company in MS has some wonderful beads. 


These are some of the other beads that came in my boxes. I can use those for other stuff. I was actually thinking of making another box. I might start that, since it's small and I don't have too much to work with. I really would like to get back to Sophie's piece, but that will have to wait. (I need to finish the puzzle so I can have room to bring it out again).


So, while I was checking my beads, I filled what I have and made more tubes for the ones I didn't. I was working off the computer. I have this all on excel so I know how much of the beads I have. That way when I find something I want to do that shows the numbers, I can go to my list and see what I have. It works great. Today I did find one tube of beads that I mislabeled and had to find the right bead color. I knew I had it, and I did. Now I have 3 tubes of it. lol Each of the rows has the bead number, 1 oz, 5 oz, 7 oz, 10 oz and 25 oz. I usually have 25 or more oz's of black (010 or 310). Those are colors I use all the time. It takes time to fill the tubes and check the list, but it's worth it for me. Otherwise, I would buy the same color over and over with tons left over. 

I was having fun doing that and playing on the computer with my game. I went back and forth getting stuff done. Spend the afternoon working on the beads. When Patrick got home, he watched TV and the next thing I saw was him asleep in the chair. At least he's active and I know it tires him out when he walks on the course. Think today he was in the cart but not sure. Naps are what help with the chemo to work. 

After all that, I called it done. I did get a few pieces in the puzzle. Then I just decided to sit and enjoy playing my game with wonderful friends. Again, today I was organizing, not beading. So, it doesn't count as being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...