Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I turned the fire on downstairs, because it was cold. Weird when it was 70 degrees today. I put my embroidery floss away. Took my kit and put everything away, since the project was done. Stacked all the quilt blocks up. 


I was shocked at how much I have! I need to get these into quilts. Every time mom brought me blocks, I put them on the table. I ask quilters if they wanted to work on them, but no one took any in the last 5 months. So, they all ended up with me. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with them all. I have panels that need designed and hopefully I can use them in that. I have a different panel on the wall right now and will do that one first before I try and figure these out. 

After all that, I cut the backing for the labels. We are going to do them differently, so I called mom to see if I could leave the 2 sides open for her to sew into the binding. We decided we needed more secure labels, as they are easy to take apart when I sew them down. I have about 6 quilts that need me to sew them down, but from now on we will do it differently. I have about 20 labels to sew when I go down there again. Maybe tomorrow. 

After an hour and a half, I came back upstairs. I didn't want to wear myself out. But I'm sure I did. We went walking and my shoulder was telling me I did. 

I have been playing on the puzzle as well. I kept adding a piece here and there today. I will probably go and do that when I'm done with this. 

I really wasn't able to work on the quilt, but I was able to clean up a little bit. Still doesn't make it a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Skipped A Day

Yesterday was one of those days, I didn't do anything but go to a movie. We didn't even walk, because of the weather.  The movie we ...