Monday, April 22, 2024

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today. 

We arrived on time with Sandy and Cindy there. Sandy 2 from Ocean Shores came today as well. It was so good to see everyone! We sat and chatted. Then mom called and asked if she could visit, told her I was at the grange and she could come over. She did. 

I worked on my goldwork. I'm so close to finishing this now! 


 I finished the greenery and buds. I found by looking at the photo, that the bud on the top left was supposed to be by the berries. I wasn't going to take it out. I showed Sandy the mark, and told her it's supposed to be by the berries not the leaves. She can decide if she wants to do the mark that's there or put it by the berries. I left mine. 


Now I'm putting the goldwork vines on. I have a lot more to go. If I decide later that they are too long, I can clip them off. It's fun stretching the goldwork out. Not crazy about the one between the leaves, so will work harder to do a better job. It's close to being done. I have to finish that part, then put the flower on, and lastly bead the center. 

I left with mom because she wanted to give Phil his quilt. She stopped at the junk yard and recycled the scredded papers she's been doing. It filled her trunk. She had them in brown bags. So, it was easy to throw them in the bin. 

Next stop was to see Phil and give him his quilt. 


This was the quilt my daughter picked for Phil when they were picking quilts after my father passed away. Then Phil gave mom her Christmas gifts. lol They both had a late Christmas gift to each other. 

Mom brought me home and gave me 3 quilts that need labels. I will work on the labels this week and get them done. First I need to clean off my table downstairs. UGH

It felt really good to be with friends and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...