Friday, April 26, 2024

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Friday. Mom's Friday group is an applique group. Normally I don't like taking a lot over and having to bring it back so I decided I would work on one of mom's Block of the Month quilts. 

Mom ordered this in 2018. She falls in love with some of Debbie M's quilt designs and orders the block of the month. She ordered her most recent one. So, we chatted and I told her I would work on one of her block of the month quilts when I come over on Friday's meetings. Which means I need to get it ready. I pulled it out today and got started. 

I copied the block pattern, then I had to make templates for the block. Mom had the hard plastic pieces for the pattern. Then I had to mark around it on freezer paper. I will need to cut these out, but I will do that later. I didn't want to bring it home and do it. I also cut 6 14" blocks for the applique work to go on. That way, I have at least 6 blocks I can get started on. I didn't cut the fabric, because about that time I was wearing down. I ended up sitting down with marking the templates. It will be fun once I get everything cut out and ready to go. Time will tell. NOT like I don't have things downstairs I could work on, but like I said, I don't like trying to find them and then taking them with me. 

Came home and took my walk. I couldn't do 3 laps but I could do 2. I played my game and then while I was waiting on upgrades, I worked on my beading. 

I took out the black wire I had. Then I went to get my beading threads. I was able to get about 9 rows done. It's a start. Not happy with the center, but then it's on the bottom, so one won't see it as much as they see the sides. I remembered how to do it once I took the first one out. Just takes a few minutes to figure it out. 

Bryan, my distant cousin called. We chatted because I hadn't talked to him since I went to the hospital. We talked about my health and his. It was good to hear from him. Being in prison has been a wake up call for him. Not really sure why he's there, but when he's ready to tell me, I will listen. 

Now it's time to call it a night and I am going to try and get a good night sleep. I need one lately. I guess it might help that I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...