Saturday, April 27, 2024

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wanted to! 

I heated up the quilt room downstairs and was about ready to go down when mom called to say her washer wasn't working. She had wet clothes in the wash and need to get them spin dried. She also asked if she could bring another load over to do. I told her that was fine. The washer is scheduled to be fixed or looked at on Monday. She needed clothes before then. So, instead of going downstairs, I waited for her to show up. 

When she arrived, we went downstairs while her laundry was going. Patrick was going into town but kept an eye on them for mom. He put her clothes in the dryer and washer, then left into town.  

We worked on a quilt top for an Army veteran. I was just glad to be able to go back down and work on quilt tops for veterans. 

We cut the borders and put them on. I also found 3 more stars that were done. That made 13 stars. I'm only going to use 12 of them. I am going to put another gold color on the other side of the "busy" fabric to the right. I need some black. I will put black on the last border for the binding area. The fabric under the panel will be there and on the top. This is not an easy one to work with. But now I have an idea of what I'm going to do. It may change as I go along. I don't have the green that's in the panel. 

Came upstairs. Helped mom take her laundry to the car. Then took a walk. I'm still walking.   

While I waited for mom to come, I not only played my game, but I worked on the puzzle. 

It's going a lot faster now. I'm still having trouble finding what I want, but that's normal. lol I am enjoying this one. It won't be much longer and it will be done. 

At least my day turned out to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Day At Moms & Quilting!

This morning, I was up early. I needed to work on the QOV information on each veteran that we need to honor. I wanted to do what I could for...