Wednesday, April 10, 2024

May Have Overdone It Today

 This morning, I slept in, and it felt good. I played on my tablet for a while. 

Then it was time for my embroidery class. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I did. I really love how the goldwork is done. 

We worked on the berries first. I learned how to twist a cord. Trouble was, it untwisted. That the bottom berries. I wasn't too worried about it. Then we had to "mark" the second berry for the goldwork to be worked in. 

I have it marked and worked on the top area of the goldwork. I have more to add to the berry. I cut some of my goldwork too big, so had to trim them down. Then we worked on the flower buds. The one on the left is the one I did before class is over. It turned out okay. The ones on the right need the greenery on them. I will do that later. I need to finish the berries, then do the buds. Once that's done, I can work on the center flower with beads. I really do love working on this. Debbie showed a couple of her other patterns and kits. I'm thinking of doing more. 

Jodie in the class, said she had some jars she's wanting to get rid of and I'm thinking of buying a couple from her. It will be nice to have them available to use. 

After class, I had my phone call from the nurse. Wanted to know if I'm doing my goals. I am. I added a goal to it as well. She sent me a lot of information on minor exercises and diet. I was reading them just now. 

Patrick wanted to go out to eat, so we went to Wendy's. YEAH, I KNOW! Not a healthy place to eat but I didn't have cheese. I had my hamburger that I have been wanting for 2 months. It's a once in a while treat now. 

Then we headed over to Columbia's clearance store. Patrick got a couple hoodies. I couldn't find what I wanted. I did find a coat I wanted but it wasn't in my size. So, I just left with nothing to my name. In the past, it would have bothered me to walk in a store and not buy something. Not anymore. 

Came home and got my certificates done for tomorrow's presentation. Mom is so worried about me tomorrow that she's picking me up to take me to the museum. If I get tired, she will bring me home. I decided to let her. That way I don't have to drive. Wasn't looking forward to driving. At least, not right now. Hopefully I can just sit and watch, and not get too tired. We will see. Specially after a day like today. 

I'm just happy to be able to send 2 1/2 hours being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...