Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Day Of Fun and Movies!

Today I was actually able to get some things started...yep, I said started.....


I bagged the 9 patches that were on the guilt wall and wrote what I wanted to do with them. That is one more "UFO" project in my stack of them.


Then I pulled out the other blocks that where in the stack. I laid them out to see how I wanted to do them. The top is by putting all the colors together, the bottom is by doing it as a scrap quilt. Neither really looked that good. I figured I was going about it in the wrong way.


So, I marked some muslin and black for half square triangles. I didn't have the paper pieces for 6" squares, I had the 4" size. I will check at the shop tomorrow for the 6" ones. I thought I bought the 6" ones, but I didn't.


Cut and then had to trim them to size. I hate trimming. I need to figure out an easier way to o it. So, I trimmed a couple blocks down to 6 1/2" and decided I'm going to buy the 6 1/2" ruler at the shop. I really don't want another tool but I'm going to have to get them.


So, this is a start of what I'm going to do. I don't have it sewn down. I do have two sets of two sewn down. I sewed them with the black.....so I need to find a lighter color and sew them down.....wasn't in the mood to trim, change thread, and then figure out what I'm going to do. Called it good.


So, I came upstairs and pulled out the Oak Leaf quilt. I have this leaf left to do and then I can get it basted and ready to quilt. Then I'm going to sit and enjoy quilting another quilt. I want to work on Phil's quilt next. I'd really like to get his quilt done as well. It's not very big, and it will make me happy to see it finally done after all these years. I also have a couple quilts that are ready to quilt. Pus I need to get back to working on the quilt on the frame. Okay, here I go again, reminding myself of all the things I need to get done.

I would love to have stuff made to give for Christmas, but I didn't get moving on that. I really like giving from the heart...which is making things. Hopefully next year I can get there. I used to do that when the kids where younger, because it was easier and it didn't cast an arm and a leg.

While doing both, I watched a Ronald Reagan movie, and then watched a 1974 movie, "Disappearance of Flight 412." Both were good movies.

Don't forget to check out the Trunk Show!

Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

Tonight is bowling, and I'm hoping do to better tonight. I've been improving but not as much as I would like. Today is a great day to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...