Sunday, June 5, 2016

One Heck Of A HOT DAY!!

Today was HOT. Yes the usual, was up early. It was even hot when I woke up!! I hate this weather! I live in WA to get away from the heat. I've lived in Japan and Turkey where it was hot...I can't take it anymore! I want to be where it's cool.

We hit 103 degrees according to our thermometer on the deck...yep, on the deck!

I did go out and weed some stuff around the asparagus. I also spend a couple hours on the deck enjoying the breeze before 1 pm.


I worked on the baby owls. I figured out Judie didn't have the pattern copied right. There are about 4 rows missing. So, I'm going to have to work them both out and then fill in the difference. That's okay, I love the work she did and I'm not going to stop just because I don't have all the pattern in front of me.


Came in the house and cut out my pieces for the "Kasey" block.


Then I started putting it together. I was using the pattern to help me out with here it goes.


Each piece is getting appliqued down. I didn't like Becky's number system though. I started with the center piece where she wants the left side to be the starting point. I wanted to go with the center and work my way around. I haven't thought about the pieces that has two pieces on top. I will figure that out when I get to the next step.

Tomorrow is Brazilian Embroidery. I'm looking forward to it. Next week is Seminar and I'm really looking forward to that as well! I am be doing my blog from my tablet. We'll see when the time comes. Not sure I want to take my computer.

I'm not happy that my stuff I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I ordered it over two weeks ago. Send a message on Friday. Was hoping they were working on Saturday, but guess not. So, hopefully tomorrow I will hear something. I not, I may call and cancel my order and get it from someone else. Not happy!!

I did hang some stuff on the clothes line today. So, I was actually keeping busy today...as well as sweating like crazy! I'm going to take a shower here in a few minutes - after I do my exercises. UGH!

I'm looking forward to cooler weather and staying Happy Quilting!!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...