Sunday, June 12, 2016

Prays for Orlando....

Woke up to the news about Orlando. This should not be about the "Gay" world. This is Terror on American's and doesn't need to have a title behind it! Prayers to all who had to go through this!

I could say a lot about what I think about all this, but this blog is not for "politics" but about my crafts. So, I'm going to try and move on.

This morning I was "running" around putting a few more things together for my BDEIG Seminar tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this! I'm nervous because I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping for a lot of fun! I got a few of my necklaces ready to go. I got out my shampoo and conditioners (from motels) ready to go.

I had a nervous "tick" that had me walking around trying to figure out what I needed. I even walked around in circles in the living room, thinking of what I need to do. lol - Good thing Patrick was outside. I'm sure he would have asked what the heck I was doing! lol


I worked on my cross stitch this afternoon. Was able to post it on Instagram. I'll probably work on it some more tonight. I am taking dad's eagle with me to work on. I'll leave this behind. I like the way it's coming along. I had to take out some because I was off just enough! I hate it when I do that. Even the ones that only needed one cross stitch. Oh, well. It's coming along.


Before supper, Patrick told me to go out and check out the Iris' that were in the yard. Love the color!! He couldn't remember where he got them, but I love the colors.


He had me go check them out before I leave because they won't be there when I get back on Sunday.


This is life. They are beautiful!

So, now I'm closer to leaving for Portland OR. I'm excited and nervous. I usually like staying home and doing "my thing" but once a year, I try to go to a retreat to improve my skills in what I love doing. This year it's embroidery. I love what others do! I often think others do a better job than I do! I love hand work.

I'm always working on something. Even if I don't do the handwork, I'm constantly thinking of what I can do with my handwork. I've been thinking of how I'm going to put dad's stripes on the quilt block. I will need to have it done right. I'm constantly thinking of things I want to do. I'm constantly thinking of how I an do something on my quilts, embroidery, or whatever I'm working on. I think of designs, but when it comes to putting them on paper, they are lost. What I see in my mind, doesn't seem to get from brain to hand. I'm close, but no cigar. I learned to deal with it. So, life is good, and I'm still running my brain on full blast. We can all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...