Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Laundry and Quilting...

This morning started out like most of my mornings. We walked 2.5 miles. Came home and told myself I would only play for an hour....well, I actually went 1.5 hours. Not bad, because I had plans for today. I got the dishes going in the dishwasher, because I forgot to run it last night. Then I put laundry in the washer. Patrick mentioned this morning he was out of tee shirts. lol - Only because I HATE white clothes! I tend to wait til I run low on my white socks. So, poor Patrick has to wait on his tee shirts too. I got them washed, folded and put away! Now I can breath again till it gets full again. lol

I went downstairs and put my sewing machine back together. I also worked on what I was doing yesterday. I sewed the strips together and got them ready to sew.


Made another mess, but hey!, I was on track!


Had some visitors while I was in the quilt room.


Mom'a with her two babies. These are the same ones from the other day. They were enjoying the apples on the ground.


This is how I was getting "prepared" to do more work. I was putting the paper on the pieces and setting them by the sewing machine. I was hoping to do some today but didn't make it. I did get a lot ready to work on.


This is my stash to work on when I'm ready. I put in a good 2-3 hours of working on these. I was thrilled to get even this far. I'll work on it tomorrow, if I get the chance. Mom called and said she needed help getting Jason's quilt ready for his baby. So, I'm thinking we will be basting it.


This is the fabric I bought yesterday for the QOV quilt for dad. I will be using the black soon. I have printed out the lettering I want to use for "USAF" and need to make them a little fatter. I'll be pulling out the light box. I also was looking for dad's patch so I could add it to the quilt. I couldn't find the one he gave me. I'm going to see if mom has another one and I'll add that one. Mom called and I couldn't ask her for it because dad was listening to the conversation.


These came in the mail yesterday! I was so excited! I only paid $2 for the patterns. I paid $3.75 for the needles.


Told Patrick I bought this, but wish I had a granddaughter to give it to. lol - I may do it anyway for someone else's grand-baby or even baby. Katt has enough friends having babies that I could do them for her to give away. Not sure yet if I really want to do that.



Cut the eyes and beak out for the eagle. Will probably put that one tonight.


This was the photo I wanted to show last night but didn't have it yet.

I also worked on my cross stitch today. I am getting the left side worked on. I love the way it's coming along. I started work on the hummingbird feeder on the left side.

For the first time in a long time, it felt good to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...