Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Laundry and Quilting...

This morning started out like most of my mornings. We walked 2.5 miles. Came home and told myself I would only play for an hour....well, I actually went 1.5 hours. Not bad, because I had plans for today. I got the dishes going in the dishwasher, because I forgot to run it last night. Then I put laundry in the washer. Patrick mentioned this morning he was out of tee shirts. lol - Only because I HATE white clothes! I tend to wait til I run low on my white socks. So, poor Patrick has to wait on his tee shirts too. I got them washed, folded and put away! Now I can breath again till it gets full again. lol

I went downstairs and put my sewing machine back together. I also worked on what I was doing yesterday. I sewed the strips together and got them ready to sew.


Made another mess, but hey!, I was on track!


Had some visitors while I was in the quilt room.


Mom'a with her two babies. These are the same ones from the other day. They were enjoying the apples on the ground.


This is how I was getting "prepared" to do more work. I was putting the paper on the pieces and setting them by the sewing machine. I was hoping to do some today but didn't make it. I did get a lot ready to work on.


This is my stash to work on when I'm ready. I put in a good 2-3 hours of working on these. I was thrilled to get even this far. I'll work on it tomorrow, if I get the chance. Mom called and said she needed help getting Jason's quilt ready for his baby. So, I'm thinking we will be basting it.


This is the fabric I bought yesterday for the QOV quilt for dad. I will be using the black soon. I have printed out the lettering I want to use for "USAF" and need to make them a little fatter. I'll be pulling out the light box. I also was looking for dad's patch so I could add it to the quilt. I couldn't find the one he gave me. I'm going to see if mom has another one and I'll add that one. Mom called and I couldn't ask her for it because dad was listening to the conversation.


These came in the mail yesterday! I was so excited! I only paid $2 for the patterns. I paid $3.75 for the needles.


Told Patrick I bought this, but wish I had a granddaughter to give it to. lol - I may do it anyway for someone else's grand-baby or even baby. Katt has enough friends having babies that I could do them for her to give away. Not sure yet if I really want to do that.



Cut the eyes and beak out for the eagle. Will probably put that one tonight.


This was the photo I wanted to show last night but didn't have it yet.

I also worked on my cross stitch today. I am getting the left side worked on. I love the way it's coming along. I started work on the hummingbird feeder on the left side.

For the first time in a long time, it felt good to be Happy Quilting!

An Interesting Day Before Thanksgiving

Usually today is prep day. But this year we are going to my parents for Thanksgiving because dad wanted to do the turkey. I'll miss not ...