Monday, September 12, 2016

Slow Staring Monday

Today started out slow. I actually slept longer than I wanted to! I couldn't believe I have been sleeping later, and the worst part is that Ruth will be home Friday. When she gets home, I'm going to have to get my butt out of bed again! Oh, well. Been reading my book. It's really good. I haven't been that interested in a book in a long time. When we go to bed, I read for about an hour or more.

I went to the neighbors house to help her out. She had knee replacement done on her knees. While she was in the hospital she "broke" her back. She's had to wear a brace for the past 2 months. She needed help with getting her socks on, so I'm going over to help her out every morning. We chatted and I had to leave for our Brazilian embroidery meeting.


I worked on my birds today.


I worked on the bird on the left. I need to fix the tail area. Either the tail needs to go longer or the stomach part gets moved to the tail area. I don't like the photo for the "butt" area. I'll see what I can do to fix it.


Got home and decided I needed to fix my carry box. It was having a lot of "STUFF" in it that needed to be cleaned up. I also put my floss in the plastic "Annie's Keepers." I got more on the keepers and added more to the box of floss. I still have the floss for some of my other projects with the designs that I need to work on. I like to keep my floss with my projects.

We talked about what everyone needed to bring for Seminar. Guess they are trying to figure out how to draw "newbies" and organization for the trip. Should be interesting to see what they come up with.


I worked on my "Nantucket Rose" cross stitch. It's coming along pretty good, just wish I had more time to work on it! This week is looking great! So, I'm going to be able to quilt and cross stitch this week! I'm actually excited to be able to do that!

On my way home today, I stopped at a dear friends house and picked up some plants. She gave me a couple Christmas cactus' and a "David" plant. I do need to replant the cactus' and return the pots. I'll have to go shopping this week so I can get those back to her.

All in all, this has been a good day! Life is good and I'm still moving along with my projects. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...