Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wednesday Bowling....Among Other Things

This morning I was up and ready to go. I didn't have to go walking till 7:45 am because Cherrill isn't ready before then. She doesn't get up as early as Ruth. Ruth met me at our house and we walked over to get Cherrill. She's doing great! For a lady that had both knees replaced and broke her back in the hospital while recooping, she's doing great. We walked 1,5 miles with Cherrill and then Ruth and I walked another mile.

After that, it was 9:30 am by the time I got back home. It sure makes the morning go fast! I then got on the tablet and played - nothing new there. Then I went downstairs and quilted for about 1 1/2 hours. It was cold, but I didn't bother to put the heat on this time.


I thought I was farther along then I was. I quilted around the center pink/purple border and got that done. I thought I had done that last time but was wrong! I did finish the quilting on the white area before the border.


Next I worked on the darker border piece. There are 6 of them total. So, I have 1 1/2 done. I will work on it some more. I wanted to go back down after lunch but then realized I needed to get those plants re-potted before it got too cold for them in the garage. Plus I need to return the pots to a friend.


I started out with this mess.


Ended up with these all potted. I messed up my hanging plant and it got cut way back because of it breaking every time I tried to move it. It was so pretty with the long leaves, but it was scraggly and I wanted to add more to it. I ended up cutting it way back, taking the parts I cut off and putting them in water. I will plant them in another pot later. If this one dies then I have all the ones in the water and will end up with another plant. I love household plants and there for awhile I lost quiet a few. Then as the last 2 years have gone by, I've gotten more plants back in the house. I just love the way they look and they do help freshen the house a bit! lol


While I was downstairs I found this pattern I bought when we took a cruise to Alaska - back in 2007. I bought it thinking I would make it. I had Patrick help me pick it, as he's picky about what he likes compared to me. I will do this one next after "Nantucket Rose" because it will be quick and easy. Then I'll go to doing the Santa I want to do.

I decided I'm going to put dad's name in the QOV quilts. I will be awhile with his quilt, and I don't want to make him wait forever or not get one because I'm taking so long. Told mom I'm working on his quilt but it's going to take time and I want to have it hand quilted instead of machine. So, I'm going to sign him up for a quilt. That way when his gets done, I'll give it to him on his birthday or at Christmas time. That's my plan anyway.


I was able to get a few more stitches in this piece. I fixed my numbering area that I was off. I figured it out and thankfully it was really easy to fix. I'm loving how this is coming out. I found that I have more followers on Instagram then I'm following. Makes one feel good. I love working on this piece and I only got about 50 - 100 stitches in today. Not as much as I would like.

We bowled tonight. We had our Sunday partners come bowl for our Wednesday partners. I think we took all 4 games. I bowled a 193, 192, 152. That  last game bites! But hey, I'm doing better and it's working for me, no complaints!

Tomorrow is quilting, so I'm thinking I'm not going to stay long. Probably just long enough to say hi and give them some food for the potluck. I need to take photos for the blog, so will do that too. It will be a day of Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...