Friday, December 29, 2017

Acts of Kindness Among Friends

What a day! Nah, not really, but it felt like one.

Started out by driving over to Cherrill's so I could leave right away to moms. It was our quilt meeting day. Cherrill has to have the socks that go to the thigh now because she had her veins done. Which means I'll be going over everyday for a month.

Left Cherrill and headed to moms. I stopped and got my "eggnog chai tea" at Starbucks. It's so good, I've been making a BAD habit of going to Starbucks lately to get it! I need to STOP that!!

When I got to moms, I took the 3 boxes of "stuff" and let everyone go through it. It is going to the Centralia Christian School's quilt show in April to be sold. Bev brought a few things as did Hieldi. I did get a few more books from Bev. She had two for Quilts of Valor quilt patterns, so took those. She also was so sweet! She gave me a few Brazilian embroidery stuff.

Theresa took a ton of stuff! I couldn't believe it. Was telling mom I had to see what her quilt room looks like since she is always taking free stuff from all of us. Then I found out from mom that she takes the stuff and makes things to sell. She even sells some of the stuff she gets. At first I wasn't sure about that, but now I'm not too thrilled with that. I took the stuff for friends and not for them to turn around and sell to make money. Each to their own I guess. I will make it stated next time that they are not stuff to sell for themselves but need to go to the quilt show to be sold for the school.


This is what Bev game me! I thanked her. She told me if I have any of those I can give them to my group. The one thing I do have is the book, so we can give that to one of our members that doesn't have one. If not, I'll sell it at the class I'm teaching in March, and give her the money I get for it.


This is what she had finished.


She had the leaves and one flower done on this. Since it is quick and easy to do, I worked on the second flower and getting done with the third flower. I will give this to Rita for her shop as this is one of the designs she has for sell.

After everyone left, mom and I went to "The Gathering Place" to get a photo of her quilt. She's been wanting a photo of her and the quilt for a couple weeks, so I told her I would take her over and ad get a photo or two.


She loves the attention she gets for this quilt! It's a gorgeous quilt that she put together. I can't blame her for being proud of it.


This is on the Santa in the middle.


Here's a better photo of Santa.


I had to take a photo of this block to show her embroidery work as well. This is really pretty. I can see my brothers wanting this quilt. They don't know the story of how mom got the patterns from me. Not sure I'll tell them.

On the way home stopped at Kmart to get some undergarments. Got a good deal on some of it. Then came home and RELAXED - yep, didn't do one dang thing except put my stuff away. WOW! Did I say that?! Yep, I put my stuff away. Nope, now that I think about it, the books are on the counter downstairs. Guess I fibbed.

Last night I worked on my cross stitch Ambrosia. If the side bar is working right, there is a photo of it on my Instagram photos. I'll have another photo of it tomorrow. I'm hoping to finish the hair tonight and get going on the beads.

Our quilt group has been going through our stuff and giving things away. It's an awesome way to get rid of stuff we don't want. It's kindness when friends bring things they are getting rid of (in good shape) stuff, and bring it to everyone to pick through. We also love being able to give to the Christian school in Centralia, WA.

Life is good, life is fun, and life is just that - LIFE. Each day I'm thankful that I can do what I do.

How about you?! Do you do any "random acts of kindness" or give to someone in way of time, gifts, or a smile? Would love to see what others do.

Keeping up with all things, and staying Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...