Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slowly getting there...

The past two days have been productive in ways of quilting. I was able to get about 4 hours quilting time in. That felt good. Till I looked at my quilting lines and realized I needed to quilt a little more. Funny how that works. Not only that, I found that my quilting stitches are not what they used to be, so I'm trying to work on that too. There are big stitches and little stitches, but most of the time I find I'm the only one that really sees that. This time though, I think others will too. Yesterday I got in another 2 hours. The quilting goes quick. I just need to sit down and quilt.

Yesterday afternoon I went downstairs and looked at the next block in the Block of the Month from SWWRDQG (SW WA Rainy Daze Quilt Guild). Remember, I started this back in 2001 when they first came out. So, this block wasn't my favorite and I think I have always loved the pattern, just too much a chicken to do it. Now, I get to do it, not just one, but two. Ugh. I cut the background fabric for both of them, and I still need to decide what colors I'm going to use for the flowers. That may take me a little while. My daughter said she wanted orange and red. So, I'll work on those colors. Mine is more blues and purples. I have plenty of those colors.

This is the Carolina lily.

So, I have all the background cut and ready to go, I did the bias for the stems, (I decided to sew the stem up the middle instead of appliqueing it), and now just need to pick the bud colors. It may take me a little while to decide. Who knows, if today goes well, I may go down and cut those as well.

I am trying to get a hold of the author to the book, "Affairs of the Heart," so I can post my workings on here. I tried Facebook, with no answer. So, till I can get the permission to post, I'll just have to tell you how that goes.

I took a photo of the BOM pattern that is before this one. I believe this is #5 in the 12 blocks issued. Some of the months had more then one block to do, so there is more to this then meets the eye. I'm doing the embroidery and the applique to #5, then will start #6 (The Carolina Lily).


I'm working on the center part now. It won't take long to get it done, I'm just taking my time. I did finish my daughters orange one, and really liked the results.


So, that is where I am today. Who knows what the next few days will bring. I do have TAS meeting this week on Thursday and Friday. I'm hoping I'll get a lot more done then. In the mean time, I think I'm going to do laundry and quilt. That sounds like fun. My only problem is I found a game I'm hooked on and want to check every so often to see if I have more energy to play. SHAME on ME! lol  I'll go quilt and try to behave.....good luck with that.

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...