Sunday, November 13, 2011

Started Another Project

Okay, here I go again. I'm starting another project. As if I don't have enough going on now, I decided to start a 2 Fabric Applique (by Nancy Chong), for a Christmas gift. HOPEFULLY, it won't take long. Usually the applique takes me about 2 weeks. Quilting even less. So, if I stick with it I can have it done by Christmas. We'll see.....

So, Thursday I started the marking of the work. Friday I was able to get a parcel leaf done, and yesterday I got even more done on it. I have 2 1/2 leaves appliqued down. I cut and applique as I go. Makes it easier then trying to figure out where I am. Yesterday I took it with me to the bowling alley and appliqued while my husband was in a tournament. He did pretty good I might say - bowled a 144, 212, 202. If it wasn't for the first game he probably would have won something. Back on track - after the bowling alley we went up to Olympia and shopped at Costco. We had 2 hours to kill, so we looked around and got to the restaurant a good 1/2 hour early, so we sat in the car and talked while I appliqued more. When we got home I was going to applique more but Charlie missed me all day and wasn't going to let that happen. So, no work was done last night.

Today I'm bowling in Longview, so applique work won't be done till later today. Still waiting on posting any photos of the top to get permission to post the pattern. I'll take picture of my progress so you can at least see that. Looking forward to seeing how far I get by our next TAS meeting with Haven't Missed a Stitch.
 

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...