Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Helping a Neighbor out

On Friday (at our quilt meeting), my neighbor and friend, asked me to help her with the wallet we were doing.  She was taking out just as much as she was putting in.

So, while I was doing the blocks, I took a break and worked on her wallet.


Edith had the left side done, with about 2 1/2 rows of the right side done.


I finished it in no time. It was fun and quick to do.


This is the inside of the wallet. I had to cut another "x" for it, as the one I had was too short.


The wallet works in the way where you put your "bill" in the wallet (didn't have $1), and then the wallet does the work. Close the wallet,


and open it from the other side. Then close it again, and


open from the other side. As you can see, the dollar is behind the plastic canvas.

Now, I just need to get this to my neighbor. I think she'll be thrilled to know she didn't have do try and figure out how the needlepoint works. - I love to do needlepoint.

While I was at the quilt group today, I marked the fabric that wasn't marked for the Honey Bee quilt. I got all the fabric that was cut, marked. I need to cut more of the darker color so I can finish a few more blocks. I have enough to finish two more blocks, then I need the center black fabric cut to finish off a few more.

I'm having a great time working on the Honey Bee pattern and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...