Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Time to Quilt

It's the end of Feb. and the snow is coming down. What an interesting year this is going to be. Since it decided to snow, I think I need to quit playing games and go quilt in my chair while watching the CSI:NY programs I missed.

Our 2 TAS groups meet at Quilter's Junction for a potluck with show and tell. I took my camera but wasn't thinking of taking photos of the quilters with their quilts. I did remember to take a couple of these photos:




This is the fun we all had, there must have been 20 or more of us. I was thrilled to see a big turn out.

Over the last few days, I've been quilting while watching TV and it's amazing how much one can get done! I have really been working on getting the connections in the quarter part of the quilt. The border part I was worried about didn't became a problem because the border is a lot wider than I thought.


From this photo, the border is the flowers on the right. Because the quilt is so big, those flowers make it a little easier to work with and I'll end up doing those triangle areas (4 quarters) quicker. So, I believe this will go pretty fast. I'm not doing the traditional 5/8" to 1" separations. I'm doing about 1/2" or smaller. I like echo stitching that is closer together because of the effect it gives a quilt.



This is the corner pieces I was referring to. I'm a little off on the left area, but it won't be noticed after it's quilted. I did try to even them up but this side won't be as even as the other side. Again, I don't think anyone will notice unless they look for it or unless they see this blog where I'm telling you what's wrong with it.  The more I do the more I'm thrilled with the results.

I'm really needing to do my TAS Retreat assignment. I did cut the fabric and sew two strips together for the leaves. I have the background cut and ready to put the leaves and stem on, but just can't seem to sit down and figure out what color leaves I want where. I'll take a few pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

Mom is on her fourth block in the Christmas Baltimore Album quilt. Guess I won't be doing my BOM in that quilt till she's done, since she has all my stuff and won't let me bring it home since she's working on it. That's okay with me, still have project I need to finish and promised myself for every 2 projects I complete, I can start 1. Finished 4 so far AND haven't started 1 yet! I'm so proud!! lol

Till next time - Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...