Sunday, December 15, 2013

Busy Week!

Yesterday started out early. So, I didn't get much sleep, but that's okay too.

By 8:30 am I was over at mom's house, getting all the stuff ready to decorate a table at the church's women's social.


This was the table we did for the women's Christmas gathering. There were 7 tables all decorated by different women of the church.



Since there wasn't a lot of room to be able to take a really good photo, I ended up doing it from the head of the tables. They all were really pretty tables.


This one was the head of the rest of the tables.




So more decorated then others, but all a joy to see! We sang songs, gifts where given and a story was told. We had homemade sandwiches - with fresh homemade bread! - salads, and tons of cookies and goodies.


This table had the manger displays.


This manger I hadn't seen in a long time. We used to have this one in our house every year for Christmas. Mom and dad bought it while we were in Japan way back in 1970. I didn't know mom still had it, but it was fun to see it out in show again.


Here's mom having a great time.

After the wonderful time with the church ladies, I came home and ended up making Almond Roca and Peanut Brittle. I needed to have more stuff done to send to Katt in Pullman.


I have a lot of fun making candy!

Today is a quieter day. But I did start the Bon Bon's today, and still going to make one more batch of Peanut Brittle, as Patrick will have this one eaten before I can give them out as gifts!

Bowling tonight, and hoping I do a lot better than I did on Wednesday. Still have Christmas shopping to do, going to Rose's house tomorrow to work on potholders and slippers. So, we'll see how far we get. Need the pot holders for Christmas gifts - so if you get one, act surprised! lol

Best wishes to all today, and may you be Happy Quilting.

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...