Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hope EVERYONE Had an AWESOME Holiday!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We had a good one here!

On Christmas Eve we went out looking for lights. We found a lot of well lit houses! I would have loved to have had all the decorations in my yard! Trouble is, getting someone or anyone in this family to put them out is hard to find! lol


This one was in Centralia, WA. It was awesome!


Another one in Centralia, WA.


This one was Councilman Harris' house in Chehalis, WA. This was well done! I loved everything in the yard.


As you can see, it was covered over every part of his yard! I could have sat there and starred all night!


This one was in Chehalis, WA as well. It was so pretty! Had tons of stars throughout.

On Christmas morning, Patrick and I opened up our gifts to each other. Then we went over to Phillip and Emily's for another celebration. Took over some cinnamon buns.  My parents came over for supper and we exchanged gifts. Would you believe my parents gave both Patrick and myself (each) a hug package of candy?? What in the world am I going to do with all that candy? lol It will last at least a year! lol We played games till about 7 pm, when my parents left. I won the first game and Patrick won the second. Usually mom or dad win but they didn't seem to get the cards they usually get!

Today was one of those days, that I slept in (or tried) till my phone kept beeping with messages. My sister-in-law in OK was going in for surgery. I didn't know anything about that, so I checked the messages, called the folks and found out she was having the pins removed that where put in place in her back last year about this time. So, at 7:30 am I was getting texts one right after the other. At least the good news is that she was fine and probably going home today.

I then got my stuff ready for my quilt group at Quilter's Junction. There were 6 of us, and it was a good visit. I was able to work on my firecracker block that goes with the Baltimore Liberty quilt that I'm making. I had to get some fabric for the center flower. I bought red and two yellow fabrics for this quilt. So far it's coming along. I can't wait to get to the embroidery part of the blocks. That will be done when I'm done with the applique. I'm looking forward to doing the embroidery. I appliqued one of the center flowers, and found it looked like crap, so I took it out. When I got home and after supper, I went to my freezer paper and cut out the flower (again), but this way will probably work out better than the back basting. I found that the lines on the back were not as easy to see anymore, so I figured the freezer paper would work. I've got it all ready to do. I also basted the last two stars on the bell block.


This is the block from before. I have all the work done, except the center flower.

I seem to keep busy with my quilting as well. I haven't done any quilting since Christmas Eve, but I am getting to work on it more. Haven't had much to do lately, so quilting and applique are getting done.

I did go out to the store today and bought some ornaments that were on sale (20% off), which they never seem to go on sale. I bought 8 more ornaments. They are the hand painted and "Old World" ornaments. I just love them! Just wish they were made in the USA.

So, things are good here, sorry to say no quilt fabric or quilt related stuff was given to me for Christmas. My family always thinks of kitchen stuff I can use! lol

May you all have a wonderful day, and be Happy Quilting!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...