Saturday, February 15, 2014

Friendship Blocks - again.

Thursday was our group meeting. I only went for about an hour and a half. Wasn't feeling up to staying, though I would have loved to.

I signed up for the Retreat that Quilter's Junction is putting on in May. I'm really looking forward to that, just need to figure out what I want to take to work on while there.


As you know, this was Sharon's block I was having trouble with. I just could not get myself to figure out the colors that were needed for this. I actually took all these pieces (except the red) out. I didn't like the way it was coming out. So, I tried another color, and took that out as well. The stems where giving me a problem! I couldn't believe how hard one block was causing me when it came to colors!


I finally decided on this step color! It's a yellow-green and not a blue green or green green. Tn went through the shop at Quilter's Junction to find the colors that would go with the stem.


All but the last one I bought at the quilt shop that will go with the block. I went through moms fat quarters and found the last print in there. These will be my leaves, and the red is the bigger part of the flower (see photo above).


This is the pattern of the block I'm doing for Sharon. She didn't want bright colors, and for some reason, that was hard for me. I have to have some "bright" color in my work. So, it's true that one learns from doing friendship blocks, because you end up working with colors you may not like. I'm not crazy about these colors, but they are growing on me.

I was able to get the flowers done at mom's group on Friday. So, I'm going to spend part of today and work on the friendship block.

We all received a "Celtic" pattern for our block for Deanna B. She thinks this will be easy for all of us, but we've been telling her it's not as easy as she thinks. Time will tell. There were some hard patterns she was giving out. I got a medium one to work on.

So, I'm going to take today and try to get a couple blocks done, one friendship and one of the Affairs of the Heart blocks.


I need to add the hearts to this one and then I can move on to block #34. I'm hoping the last ones are a little easier. I haven't been too thrilled with my work on these.

So, I'm going to close this, get back to the blocks, and try to get another hour in on the Hawaiian quilt. I have about 1 1/2 sides done with the first set of hand quilting. I'm hoping to get more done this week, as there is very little I need to do or places to go.

May you all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...