Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Scraps and more Scraps!

Today was a good day! I cleaned house and then went downstairs to work on my sewing room.

I decided I needed to keep moving with the scraps. So, I pulled out more fat quarters, half yards, and "cut up" scraps. The pieces of scraps were cut into squares, which is what I have been doing lately.


Ended up cutting all these squares. I've been getting more and more bigger pieces which is nice to have. I have been adding these to the boxes I bought a while back and they are growing fast!


This is one of the bigger pieces of squares (in the box). I'm happy lately to be able to get rid of some of those small pieces that I just don't know what to do. I did cut a couple of my scraps into strips. I didn't get a lot of strips but I decided that I'm going to start cutting more bigger pieces into strips. That should work. I don't do much with strips, but it will help.

I used all my boards for the fabric pieces, so I need to order more. I also need to order straight pins, so will check the internet for what is the cheapest. I like it when it is "free shipping."


I moved my supplies out of the top shelf and put them on the first shelf. Then I took the boards I rolled with the fabric on, and placed them on the second shelf. I was able to get all of the fabric boards in there. I also worked on the fabrics in the "color order."  It looks good, so I guess I'm doing okay with the placement of colors. Patrick told me it's not in the color wheel order, but then it really doesn't have to be. I agree, I'm not that organized and I really don't care, as long as I can see what I have. I'm wondering what I'm going to do when this gets to the point where I can't add any more to the shelf. I may have to put them in the shorter and smaller shelves in the cabinet. We'll see what happens when I get to that point. I do have a lot of solid fabrics that are pieces. I haven't decided what I want to do with them. I'll keep thinking about this.

I have pulled out my Hawaiian quilt again, and quilted on it last night. Charlie was sleeping near Patrick, so I was able to get a lot more done.

I'm having to do exercises now for my back. I'm going to physical therapy now that started yesterday. I go again tomorrow. Time will tell if that will solve the problems I'm having.

I ordered 3 wool batting's from Connectingthreads.com and very pleased with my purchase. If you are looking for good deals, they do have them. I got the wool batting on sale, but I had to pay taxes for being in WA state. ugh. Anyway, I didn't have to pay for shipping, as I ordered 3 for the price they had. Mom bought 1 and I got the other two.


With one of those  bats I'm going to baste this quilt next month. I'm going to have it ready to quilt once I finish the Hawaiian quilt. This quilt is the one Patrick liked, but I liked the blue on that I made better. lol - Will do that after this. I was thinking today about sitting downstairs and work on getting that butterfly quilt done as well. I keep thinking about it, but since I had scraps to get organized, I wasn't in the mood to do quilting down there today. I will work on it now, till I get more boards for the fabrics.

While I baste that quilt, I will work on a small quilt to machine quilt. I need to get that done one the machine, because it was done with fusible fabrics on the fabrics. It's just way to hard to quilt in those areas, so if I quilt it on the machine it won't be so bad. I have ideas of what I want, but have been known not to do what I seen my mind. We will see how it goes in March when I do it.

So as you can see, I'm still Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...