Friday, February 7, 2014

With Olympics starting - Remembering the Past!

Growing up in the military, we lived in Germany with the Munich Olympics going on. My brother and his friends took a couple of the flags from the poles. - It was in the news too! Anyway, about 5 years ago, mom found the two Olympic flags that my brother and his friends took. We ended up throwing them away, because a mouse got a hold of them, and mom was ticked when she found out, so she threw them away! lol

I woke up today with SNOW! We knew it was coming - this is the photo before we went to bed.


Then I woke up to this:


This is looking out my quilt room window.


Another side view of what I get to see when I'm quilting.


This was the first thing I saw when I got up - outside our bedroom window.


This is what I saw out the other side of our window.


Decided to take my camera when I headed next door for a game of cribbage. I go just about every morning over to our neighbors for 3 games of cribbage.


Patrick's feet on the way to work (had to get stuff to get the snow off the window of the car).


I just love the snow! So, here are some photo's that I had fun taking around this area.


Across the street.


Our yard.


Neighbors bushes.


Color in the neighborhood.


Road view. On the way back.


Plants in the front yard.


Road view on the way back.


Sun showing up for a little bit.

Okay, bet you wonder what I did today - actually NOTHING to do with quilting. I should have - would have - but didn't really feel like it. I did get this much done as of yesterday.


This is the mystery quilt I've been working on. I have the borders to do, and have them cut and ready. I will try to get this done tomorrow. Then that will be one finished project for the year. Not a bad start!! lol I'll enter it into the contest they have now.

Hopefully - tomorrow - I will be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...