Monday, May 19, 2014

Another Day....Maybe Another Quilt?

Yesterday I was checking out the different blogs, and the different patterns that I wanted to see out there. Applique is my favorite, and found a pattern I wanted. I checked on Bing and Google to see what there was out there for that pattern. It's in high demand, so that means it's HIGH priced. I couldn't find the pattern any cheaper than $25 and that didn't include shipping. UGH! I don't want to pay that much!

I was looking at the different blogs as well Kathy's Quilts was so funny! I love the video where she shows the racers! I feel that way with quilting all the time. Can't make up my mind if I'm going to make this or that. Am I going to work downstairs or upstairs. Am I really going to pull all that out and work on it, or can I find something with less mess to worry about? AND then the laundry bell goes off - YES, I need the laundry bell to ding or the laundry wouldn't get done! lol



I finally went to Staples and made a copy of Jeannie Austin's pattern. This is the one with the Rooster dragging the cart. It's a big pattern and it's really cute. Now I can take it back to Jeannie. I also copied her eagle patterns, and I'm so excited about getting one of those done. I'm almost thinking of doing one, and donating it to the Quilts of Valor, so they can give it to a Veteran. I know of a few veterans that would love to have a quilt. I may do that yet. (Again - may and doing are two different things - but I have been known to do it!)

I've been doing surveys again. This one survey I signed up for will pay me each day for only eating red meat one day this week. (Next 7 days!) I know what your thinking - 'cause I'm thinking the same thing! I'm NUTS!! I'll keep you posted on how it goes. They say the survey is for "Greenhouse admissions" but I'm not really buying that one! I figure I'll be eating a lot of chicken this week! Wish me luck. I wonder if they are trying to get me to go vegetarian. lol  Trouble with that is, I can't have potatoes, carrots, or even breads! This is going to be fun! LIKE I SAID, I'll keep you posted on the progress. May get me to quilt more and think of less food! - Yea, right!

I do have a great couple apps for everyone that wants to save on shopping - And YES, I'm cheap!! If I can make money or get a great deal, I will! So, here are a few links for you to get apps! And trust me, I have been making money on them. I do a lot of online shopping and I get paid back by eBates. No, it's not a scram! My daughter-in-law got me two apps that are worth having! They pay you back on your receipts, so check them out as well.

eBates

Checkout51

I have more, and will post them later. Today, I need to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...