Thursday, May 15, 2014

Beautiful Day!

Today and yesterday have been a beautiful day! I can't believe how the sun has been out! It's good to see the sun, but not the heat that comes with it! lol


I watered the flower baskets this morning and decided it was time to take some photos of my mother's day gifts. This one was from my daughter, Katt. 


This one was from Patrick. 


And this was from my parents. I love this plant, but have a hard time keeping them alive, so I'll keep you posted as to whether or not it makes it. lol 


Love the colors. 


Lots of blooms!


So, my deck is full of blooming flowers. Patrick and I planted a lot more flowers around the yard. This year should be AWESOME for the yard! 


He even bought me this flower for my Birthday. I love this Hibious (sp) plant. 


Now back to what I've been working on. This is the stack of piecing I have been working on. I got two blocks done since I started on Tuesday. 


Mom and I spent the afternoon working on my blocks. We marked the bee patterns. Mom marked all the pieces on paper so that we could use the freezer paper for the applique work. 



Mom cut them out and I put them on the fabric and ironed them. I'd show that step but I didn't take photos when we were at moms. I helped mom with her P3 Designs - block of the month pattern as well. We had a great day! Mom is going to applique the bees on the quilt blocks, which will be a quilt for my mother-in-law, Judy. I'm so thrilled my mother is going to help me with this quilt. Let's hope we can get it done for the trip back to Michigan. I'd love to take it with us to give to her. It's too long in coming!


I still haven't started this book, that I got at the retreat. I understand there are a lot of misspellings, because she printed this "self publishing." Kate does love to chat, and she will tell you all about it. lol

Later today, I will be out biking with Patrick. The weather is awesome and I've been wanting to go biking again. So, we are going to take a ride and have a picnic at the same time. I'm really looking forward to it. He picked up chicken yesterday, so it's ready for the picnic! I'm looking forward to seeing how I do on the bike since I've been loosing weight and doing the exercises. I'll let you know how it goes. 

So, in the mean time I will be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...