Friday, May 9, 2014

Day One at Falls Creek Retreat!


My posting of the retreat will be posted the next day. I'm typing this at the end of the day.

The trip out to Falls Creek was a little longer than I thought it was. It had been a few years since I've been out here, so I did enjoy the ride. Things were looking familiar as I came closer to Falls Creek. It's in the direction of Raymond, WA for those that don't know where I am. I ended up taking highway 6 to get out here.


Check in went great! At first I thought I lost my block I did for the drawing. I filled out the medical form again! ugh. When I went to the room, I pulled out the computer, and there was my folder with the medical form AND my block!! You'd think I would remember where I put stuff, but NO, didn't happen.


This is the room where we are. It's big and roomy. There isn't a lot of us, probably about 30 of us. It's quite and load at the same time. The rain has been coming down quite a bit since we've been here. Can't remember a time when I've been here that it didn't rain. 



This is outside the "gym" where we are working. The road up there goes to a church house.

I pulled out the Enigma Star blocks and cut them to size. Then I posted them on my work wall.


I tried a couple different ideas of what I wanted to do. Came up with a few different ways.


This was the first “draft” of the blocks. I had to cut the fabric from the bolt of fabric I had.


Once I had all the black blocks cut out, it was easier to see which colors worked and which ones didn't. So I did make a few more changes after the black was put out to see what I had.


I did do the small 2” strip for the border, and then started sewing the blocks together. You can see how much I was able to get done. I’m really excited about working on this in the morning. I’ve using part of a friends “work board” area.


You can see how much I was able to get done. I’m really excited about working on this in the morning. I’ve using part of a friends “work board” area.



You can see the strips on the right side. I’m going to do that same idea on the binding. That should tie it all together.
Since I’m typing this “last night,” I’ll try and get it posted and will be better prepared with posting todays. The wifi connection is only in the sewing room. I’m typing this in our room, so I’m not so lucky to get this posted tonight as I planned.
I’m looking forward to being Happy Quilting!!


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...