Sunday, May 11, 2014

Last day of the Retreat! - Part 1

I figured I'd better write this in 2 posts. That way you can see how fun it was! lol

I did post what I could when I could. The wifi there at the "gym" wasn't very good, and it was the only place where we could get internet service. I was not able to get cell phone service at all. Those that had Verizon for cell had some service but very little as well. So you can tell we were out in the "woods."


This is the photo from the "gym" to the main hall where we eat. The food was AWESOME!

This is a photo of the lodge where we stayed. The blue plastic is where the hot tub is. And YES, even when it rained, we had some quilters go out in the hot tub!


I love clouds, that aren't rain clouds. This was taking this morning. That should tell you how long we had to wait for this. lol


This was Jean's quilt. I love it!


I wish I knew peoples names better, but I don't. I do know this quilt was done by Ali. She was born in Japan while here father served in the military. 


The gal on the side of this photo made that quilt! I can't remember her name, but WOW! I love it. Wish I like working on the sewing machine more!!


The first day, we all set up "shop" the first day and got ready to work. I trimmed all my blocks, and started putting them together. The bolt of fabric I bought came in very handy!! I love the way it. We had 5 tables put together with 5 of us working. We all joked about how we should have put me on the end, since I tended to take over everyone's space! I would look for things and they would end up on someone else's table. I tend to spread without even knowing it. 


We set up work stations and work panels. 


This was Bev's from my Friday quilt group. 


And this was JoAnn's from Thursdays group with her friend, Jean's. Jean must have changed her work space 5 times at the least. She had so many projects going! She did finish one, but the others had something missing or whatever. 

Will type up the other one later - I'm going to spend time with family for a Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all have a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

So we all were Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...