Tuesday, July 29, 2014

So Close!

Yesterday wasn't much to report on, as I didn't do any quilting. I met Rose at Sister's Quilt Shop where she got fabric for her wall hanging. It's one of Nancy Chong's two fabric applique patterns. We worked toward getting the colors to go with her comforter in her bedroom. She also bought fabric for her curtains. Since she is a seamstress, and not a quilter, I'll get her there. lol


This morning I went out walking, played cribbage, and picked blueberries. I also grabbed my camera to take a few pictures of the garden.


Patrick's got the flowers growing so well! They are awesome right now!


His garden is even better.


Spaghetti squash.


Tomatoes.


Green peppers.


More green peppers.


Cabbage.


More tomatoes.


My tree of blueberries. Took me a good hour just to pick my blueberries.


Took a shower and came out to see this on my deck.


I missed my Aunt and Uncle coming from AZ. They dropped off some goodies for me! It's like Christmas in July!! I loved it!! We had supper with them today when Patrick got home. Went through all of this, and put it downstairs ready for Christmas.


Decided to go downstairs and finish the quilt for my mother-in-law. I started working on the rows. One at a time. I started out pinning the rows, and found out that I do better without pins. The pins get me into trouble, so I quit. I did so much better without them. BUT not everyone feels that way - so just because I don't use them, doesn't mean everyone else should stop.


Three rows done! I loved getting this done and it was looking good. I did have 2 blocks that were smaller than the rest, and I knew that going into putting them together. I also didn't realize - till I did the two rows - that the blocks were close to each other. So there are 4 squares in the middle that don't match. I'm okay with that. I didn't want to take it out and redoing it. This is a quilt in the making for over 20 years, so I'm okay with those blocks being a little off.


I finally got all the rows together! This is awesome. I like the way it came out.


I sewed the borders together - this is a photo of two borders. I was happy with the way they turned out. Went through a heck of a lot of black fabric! lol


This is the first border on the quilt! Awesome!


I started working on the mitered corners. I do them a little differently from others. I have dyslexia and some things are easier for me differently from others. I was able to get two corners done, before going out to eat with my parents and Aunt and Uncle. WOO HOO

I'm not jumping up and down yet! I still have two more to go and will do them tomorrow. I haven't cut off the extra fabric on the corners yet, and I like to wait till it's all done, and the corners work right. I don't want to cut them and realize they don't lay flat or even work right.

So, tomorrow I'm going to be doing the mitered corners and being extra Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...