Of course, the grey fabric was the end of the bolt and I decided it would work great for the bald eagles head.
I went downstairs this morning to start the quilt, and figured I better put the fabric on the boards. Of course I cleaned everything up so well, that it took me 10 mins to figure out where I put the extra boards!
Once I did, I was happy! You should have seen me looking! I checked out my cabinets, I went upstairs to see if I put it in my draw up here, and I checked the family room downstairs. Then I remember where I put it and pulled them out! What a pain it can be when I clean!!
Today I decided to work on the quilt for my mother-in-law. This is a 20 year project that is now on it's last legs. I'm excited about it - but not really thrilled to be sewing these together. Don't me wrong, I like doing quilts, I hate sewing on the machine. So, I had to be in a good mood to work on the machine, and I had to "enjoy" doing it.
First things first - iron. I ironed all the blocks so that it would be easier to cut the blocks into 12 1/2" unfinished.