Sunday, October 19, 2014

Seahawks Lost!

My morning started out with cats hissing at each other below our bedroom window. Thought it was Charlie, but when I got up to see, she was staring at me through the siding door. The other two cats where still below the window. I let her in, grabbed two quilts and curled up on the couch.

After I got up, it was time for the Seahawks game. We watched it till close to the end. While we were downstairs watching the game, we had the fireplace going. Felt great. Patrick sat in his chair and I started working in my quilt room. I put a few fabrics away, and cut some fabric for the thread catches that I'll be doing on Thursday and Friday.


I like bright colors and thought I would make two of each of these. I need to do a couple for my friend Carol. She's like me when it comes to colors.

I pulled out the quilt on the floor, and yes, Charlie was outside. I wanted to see how things were working out.


I do love the back.


This is were I'm putting the quilting in the sashing area. This area has 6 finished blocks, and with one of those completely covered in the sashing and corners.


Here's a better area to see. The quilting in the sashing seems to bring it all out. It brightens up the quilt all around.


This is the area that only has 5 blocks done, but the sashing has been done in three areas. Still have a long way to go, and I think once the sashing is caught up, it will make it look a lot better. Plus it will look like more is done. It is going pretty quilt with the sashing areas. The flower in the squares really brings it out.


This is where I'm at now. It's coming along a last faster than I expected, and it's really pretty. I just home mom likes it as well. Time is flying and I'm trying very hard to make sure I get at least 2 hours a day in on quilting. Some days I get lucky and get in more hours. Today I did get close to 2 hours, so I'm Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...