Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Not Quiet What I Planned

Today started out early. I didn't get much sleep, but lately that is no new message.

Patrick and I were on the road at 6:45 am. We took a ride down to Portland Airport. It went pretty good. We got there in good time. I dropped him off at the door and took off for home. I couldn't believe how tired I was. I had to get to the first rest stop and get out to move around. I called the folks, since they wanted me for super and asked when I was to come. They were just getting up. We agreed that I would be there around 2:30 pm. I made it back home by 10 am. I pulled out the computer and played Pogo till I felt like getting up and doing anything.

By 11 am I was downstairs and starting on the butterfly blocks.


I decided to start with the butterflies.


I kept looking at the blocks. I wanted to see how the color would look together. So far I'm liking what I saw.



These where the first three I had done. 


By the time I was done, I had 4 blocks done. I have 1 more block I'm working on. So, now I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the blocks. I only had one miter that was a pain, but I worked it out. So far they are looking great. This will be a fun quilt to hand quilt!

Mom called at 2 pm to say they were going shopping and would call when they were done. That ended up being around 3:00 pm. Since dad walks slow, I can almost see that. I headed over there around 3:30 pm. I messed up mom's phone (she was NOT happy with me) and I had to fix it. I'm SO GLAD I do not have an iphone!!! After we got it straightened out, we went to Apple-bee's for supper. When my parents don't eat lunch they make up for it at supper! Food was good. I enjoyed the meal with my parents. Then mom remembered she forgot plant containers at Walmart and we headed back over there. I picked up some pots, and mom couldn't make up her mind which ones she wanted. We then went back to their house. Mom and I were looking at scrap quilts. She showed me the 9 patch quilt blocks she was making. She is a lot like Donna - they both know how to put scrap quilts together.

I'm going to work on the butterflies tomorrow and hopefully by Friday I can get back to the black and white quilt. It would be awesome if I could get them both done by the time Patrick gets back.

Tonight I'm watching NCIS marathon and will figure out what I'm going to work on tonight! Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...