Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Not Quiet What I Planned

Today started out early. I didn't get much sleep, but lately that is no new message.

Patrick and I were on the road at 6:45 am. We took a ride down to Portland Airport. It went pretty good. We got there in good time. I dropped him off at the door and took off for home. I couldn't believe how tired I was. I had to get to the first rest stop and get out to move around. I called the folks, since they wanted me for super and asked when I was to come. They were just getting up. We agreed that I would be there around 2:30 pm. I made it back home by 10 am. I pulled out the computer and played Pogo till I felt like getting up and doing anything.

By 11 am I was downstairs and starting on the butterfly blocks.


I decided to start with the butterflies.


I kept looking at the blocks. I wanted to see how the color would look together. So far I'm liking what I saw.



These where the first three I had done. 


By the time I was done, I had 4 blocks done. I have 1 more block I'm working on. So, now I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the blocks. I only had one miter that was a pain, but I worked it out. So far they are looking great. This will be a fun quilt to hand quilt!

Mom called at 2 pm to say they were going shopping and would call when they were done. That ended up being around 3:00 pm. Since dad walks slow, I can almost see that. I headed over there around 3:30 pm. I messed up mom's phone (she was NOT happy with me) and I had to fix it. I'm SO GLAD I do not have an iphone!!! After we got it straightened out, we went to Apple-bee's for supper. When my parents don't eat lunch they make up for it at supper! Food was good. I enjoyed the meal with my parents. Then mom remembered she forgot plant containers at Walmart and we headed back over there. I picked up some pots, and mom couldn't make up her mind which ones she wanted. We then went back to their house. Mom and I were looking at scrap quilts. She showed me the 9 patch quilt blocks she was making. She is a lot like Donna - they both know how to put scrap quilts together.

I'm going to work on the butterflies tomorrow and hopefully by Friday I can get back to the black and white quilt. It would be awesome if I could get them both done by the time Patrick gets back.

Tonight I'm watching NCIS marathon and will figure out what I'm going to work on tonight! Happy Quilting!!

I Actually Sewed Today! -

Yep, that's what I said - I sewed today! First thing this morning went to visit with Cherrill. After all that was done, I came home an...