Sunday, May 17, 2015

Time Goes Fast

Today started out early. Guess it wasn't early enough for me. lol

I enjoyed the morning by doing what I usually do on Sundays. Sit and relax with playing games. After a shower I had to go next door and show Art how to delete a text on his phone. After that, I came home and cleaned. I vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen (not that bad considering I clean it up every night), and worked on laundry. I need to to more laundry tomorrow. I washed the rugs and mopped the kitchen floor.

Once all that was done, I finally headed downstairs to the quilt room. I needed to move the old sewing machine from my "guilt wall." Luckily Phillip came around to give me my Birthday gift. We walked around the house checking out all our plants. I should have taken the camera with us. I had a great visit with my son. He brought Zeba with him. She was so excited to see me, she raced all over the house! Zeba is my grand-dog. She's just like a 2 year old kid!


I put all the pieces I finished at the retreat out. This was my starting point for today.


I pulled out all the pieces I finished at retreat, and set it out.


I had to make a few more 4 patches and half triangles. It worked out great.

I found after awhile I was making the same blocks, and wasn't getting where I needed to be. I also found myself making mistakes. At that point, I decided to call it quits. I have found that I need to quit when I start making the same mistake every time.


So, I put out the pieces, and "closed up shop." I have 5 rows ready to be sewn together. I'll put more time in on it this week. Doesn't look like my "best laid plans" worked at all while Patrick was gone.

While Phillip was here, we talked about my butterfly quilt. The design I had for the center, I think I will think on it. He had some really good ideas. Like me, he didn't like the red, and I'm better Patrick won't either. No worries, it's a scrappy quilt anyway. I'll bind it with the red so it won't look unplanned. I'll work on the center to see what design I think will work. If all else false, I may take it to Jeannie Austin and see what ideas she might have for it.

In the meantime, Happy Quilting!!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...