Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Day Of Applique With Haven't Missed A Stitch

Today I helped with the blueberries again today. I don't think we will get them all till next week...way too many blueberries to pick.

After walking, I headed out early to the quilt group. I wanted to cash in some of the change we have for the group. We are collecting money for fabric that will be used for the December block challenge. We talked about our September block challenge. Kathy was nice enough to pass out the pattern for the Dresden Plate block. I may do that after the eagles. I really don't want to do it, but I can do them and then put someone elses name in the drawing. I really don't want another Dresden Plate since I still need to work on the two different ones I have downstairs.


While I was at the meeting today, I put the white on the eagle. I also basted the left side of the feathers on the block. I need to add the ball on the end of the post and I need to applique the feather down. Once that is done, I'll do some embroidery in a couple places to add to the bird. I like the way this is turning out.

Right now I'm cooking a Zucchini crumble. It's supposed to taste like apples. I'm looking forward to seeing if that is true. It does smell like apples. Told Patrick if he doesn't like it, I'll take it to our meeting tomorrow and he won't have to eat it.

I have been getting a lot done this week. I'm happy with the way things are going. It's called - Happy Quilting!

GIVE A WAY!


I am giving away my “tails” of my 100% cotton solid fabrics. They are 2 ½” x at least 4” long and longer. This is good cotton solid fabrics. (I don’t buy cheap) If you would like to have the solid pieces, comment below. If you come back every day, leave a comment that you would like the scrap tails. I will be adding more to them till July 25, 2015 when I will pick a winner. Good Luck. I may even add a gift for taking them. J Enjoy!





This is what I have to give away. No quilter likes to throw away fabric! lol 

If you can't comment - send me an email. 

No comments:

A Day In Olympia

 This morning, we were up early. We wanted to relax before heading up to Olympia for our doctor appointments.  We were there by 10 am to get...