Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Ready to Get Stared on Quilting!

Today I was so tired, but I did get up early and go walking. We had a good walk, and I decided I would pass up our meeting today at the quilt shop. I was tired of being tired. I was also tired of being so cold...the weather is awful and cold.

I mopped the floor in the kitchen. Then I vacuumed the house. It needed it. I also throw a load of laundry in. After all that, I went downstairs.


Since I bought the 6 1/2"square the other day, I figured I better get started on trimming the 9 patches. I'm getting there.


I was thrilled to find out I'm pretty close to perfect when it came to the size. I trimmed a few of them. I need to mark some more muslin for the half triangle squares. I will work on it again tomorrow, hopefully if I'm in the mood. lol


After my cousin (more a sister then cousin) called and we chatted. Afterwards, I decided I wanted to do applique and not do piecing. I finished the embroidery around the flower. Next I get out the 2 fabric applique I'm working on.


I finally finished it. Now I'm ready to quilt. I'll put it together tomorrow. The best part about tomorrow is that I have no plans. I need to get started on quilting this. Mom and dad leave on Monday for Vegas. That means I'll be sending my Aunt her quilt after I get it done. Hopefully I'll have it done in about a week. Quilting doesn't take up a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting started on this.


I'm going to add to the Truck Show. I finally took a photo of the first of three wall hangings I did. This was the class with Mary Golden back in the 90's. I had given this to Patrick for his work place. That was in Pullman. He used to have it hanging in his office. This quilt was paper pieced on the machine, with hand quilting.


This quilt was done for the Master Quilter's Program through the Embroidery Guild of American. This was the third step in six. I made it half way and called it quits. I didn't care for judging that was basted on person choices. I got called on the color choice I used on the one after this one. They didn't like the white, it was too bold. After that, I decided I didn't care for quilt judges that didn't account for the workmanship and not person choices. This is hand applique, hand pieced, and hand quilted. It was my own design.


This quilt was the first quilt I machine quilted. It was quilted in 2012.


I decided to use stars and hearts. Not the best work, but it was my first one. I found I got bored really easily on this....too funny.

Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

Don't forget to check out the Trunk Show! There are some awesome quilts out there! Just click on the box above and check out all the others who signed up. Today is the last day, so if you haven't signed up, you have till tonight to do it. Enjoy the show, and keep looking up at being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...