Monday, December 21, 2015

A Wet And Rainy Day With Brazilian Embroidery

Today was raining again. Seems to be a broken record when it comes to rain. I understand it is supposed to be raining all week.....not sure we'll be walking if it keeps up! I want to get back to walking.

I got ready and left for our Brazilian embroidery meeting. There was 5 of us there today. We had an awesome time! We visited and worked on our projects.


I worked on the petals of the flower. I'm not too crazy about them, but they are getting easier to do as I go. Once the top layer is on, it should look great. I was surprised I got all those done today. It feels good to see it coming. I'm hoping it will look better when I'm done. The center is easy enough to do, but I'm going to have to make sure I have the time to do it all at once. I don't want to start it and then have to leave.

I came home, wrote a few more Christmas cards. I really need to get my laundry going again. My socks are running out.


When I had a few minutes I started quilting on this piece. The upper left half square triangle was quilted. I'm going to try and get this block done tonight. There are three more blocks that need to be done. IF I did nothing else but quilt, I could have this done. My problem is that tend to find other things I want to do. I like the way Donna puts it.....SQUIRREL! SQUIRREL! (Running around for another nut!)

I've been enjoying a few of the Christmas movies. We found a few older ones that we have been watching. I really love those older movies. I've also like the Hallmark movies. Patrick calls them "Chick Flicks" but I'm okay with that. They are a lot more fun to watch then some of the newer movies.

It's now the count down to Christmas. I have two pies to make in a couple days. I've really haven't been in the mood to do a lot for Christmas, but I do feel the "feeling" of the holidays. I love the feel of Christmas! May everyone have a great count down....will wish the best to all...and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...