Saturday, December 12, 2015

Another Saturday...Gone

Today I actually slept in - I really mean SLEPT in! I got up at 9 am! I haven't done that since before we were married! It felt good though. For the first time in a very long time, I really slept. Woke once. Then went back to sleep. Felt good this morning.

Patrick slept longer than I did. When he got up we figured we had about an hour before we had to leave. We were off to the movies. We went to "IN THE HEAT OF THE SEA." I really, really enjoyed it! It was good. Not too gory. There were times I didn't look, but that would only be once or twice. They told you what to expect. The best part was they didn't show you what you were thinking! It's a good story. I found myself wanting to learn more about the maritime ships back in the 1800's. My family tree has ship captions in that time frame. Makes me want to know more about what they did.

After the movie, we headed home. Stopped at Safeway and was able to get my table cloth. I may need to iron it. I've got it on the table now and will decide tomorrow or Monday if I'm going to iron it before setting it up.

Last night I finished the quilting on the quilt. I was able to start the binding. I'm still not happy about the bearding on the black batting. I do hope it comes off when it wash it. I should have it done by Wednesday (my deadline from Patrick).

Today is the first day since Charlie passed that I have been able to put my recliner up. I dd it this morning and was looking for Charlie to join me. It's still hard not having her around. I find myself more edgy with out her. I don't like being at home by myself without her. Patrick doesn't want another cat, so I'm going to have to figure something out to make me more comfortable around the house.

I'm still working on the puzzle. It's almost half done.

The label is done for the quilt. Once the quilt is done I will get moving on more hot pads to give as gifts for the bowling group. We bring a gift (gals and guys). Then we put them on the table. When we get our first strike, we go get a gift off the table. I have been known to be close to the last person to get the gift. I do have those "off" days. Tomorrow is my bowling day that is both morning and night. I'll be down in St. Helen's OR for our travel league. Got all the gifts ready to give out.

Tonight is another night of being Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...