Monday, December 14, 2015

Getting Back on Track!

Today was a good day. I went walking with Ruth. Came home and started working on the on laundry. Sat down and played for a little while, worked on my puzzle.

Then I decided I better get started. I worked on the binding and got it finished. I then added the label.

This is the paper version. Just realized I didn't take a photo of it before I wrapped it. I hope she likes it. 


This quilt is more orange than it looks. I was a little disappointed in the way it finished up. After I washed it, it puckered a little around the binding. I had checked that before I started on the binding, but guess I missed it. It would have been better if I had quilted in the framing. I will consider that net time. I do like the way it came out, just wish it laid a little better. 

After finishing the label on the quilt I washed it. Then I worked on the sleeve for the back. That was done in the darker color since I didn't have anymore of the orange to make it with. 

I walked again this afternoon with Ruth. We did a shorter walk. She had made her 10,000 step at the start of our walk. I didn't get it till later around supper time. 

I pulled out my Christmas cards. I'm going to write a little on each and try to get them out. 


I did say I would show what I had done for Christmas decorations. The Santa's sit up there on the cabinet. 


I ironed the table cloth - a little. Then I brought up the dishes and washed them. Went down and brought up the glasses and washed them as well. I'm try and get it set up nice by he weekend. I want to enjoy a nicely set table for awhile. 

Tonight I'm thinking of working on Phil's quilt. I wanted to have it done by Christmas for him. Haven't gotten there yet, but if I do work on it till then I should be able to get it done. There really isn't a lot to do on that quilt. I have about half already done - I think! I really need to finish up a couple quilts I've started! This week will be pretty much on my own. Not too crazy about that, since Charlie won't be around. I will work on keeping my spirits up! I can do this on my own. 

Life is good, cookies are going out, and I'm still Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...