Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Another Day......Still Under The Weather!

Last night I went to the couch so Patrick could get up when the alarm went off. It wasn't the best place to sleep but I was able to get some sleep. Woke more often then I wanted to. Think I woke myself up with the snoring! lol

I didn't feel as good as I hoped today. I climbed back in bed after Patrick left. I slept for another hour and a half. Then I sat and played. I didn't feel like doing much. I did put some pork ribs in the crock pot and let them cook all day. That way I didn't have to worry about supper. I fixed noodles for Patrick and had myself a salad with the ribs.

I did get some work in this afternoon.


The bottom is coming along nicely. I'm parking more. I was also filling in the spots that I had open from what I did before. I still have a few more to fill in. It's coming along great. I watched another movie and pretty much got up for a drink....and went back to work. I didn't feel like doing anything and that was pretty close to what I did...nothing. Unless you count my cross stitch.

I was working on my genealogy before writing this post. I was sorry to see the cousin I was trying to get connected with for almost 20 years, has died. She passed away during the time we were in contact. It explains why I didn't get any more replies. I remember dads Uncle trying to get a hold of her as well. Neither one of us got an answer. Now after all these years, I know why.

I was thinking I might quilt on the ship quilt tonight. It might keep me warm. I have been getting a little colder lately. I'm really missing Charlie about now. She would be keeping me warm on my lap.

I've been working on my family history again. It's going pretty good. I've found a few of them in Canada. I was able to get the information I was looking for. I got an email awhile back that said my WFT (World Family Tree) program will no longer be updated after 2017. I won't be able to hook into ancestry with the information I put in it. I'm really not happy about that. I love using my program and would rather have the information at my finger tips and not based on whether the site is up and running.

OH! Got my McCall's Quilting magazine today. No, not renewing it. Anyway, I saw a pattern in there that I saw on a couple blogs. One was the circle quilt - which Karen's Quilts has been working on. She talked about doing a circle quilt with another blogger who started the idea of doing a circle a day for a year. Karen is doing it with her. In the beginning she also showed how she was making "half circles" and putting them together. I was laughing at seeing that in the magazine. Karen has been doing that for about 3 months now.  There was another quilt in there that I saw that is similar to what my cousin, Donna is doing. So, when it comes down to it, magazines are having a hard time finding "new" things.

Time to get back to my projects. I hope everyone has been getting a lot done lately. I'm hoping to get more done in the next few days. Guess being sick has it's advantages. I was lucky though because my "sick" is a stuffed turkey in my head. I'm lucky enough not to have to cough...so far. Now I'm headed in the "TMI" stage, and will quiet while I'm ahead.

May we all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...