Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 3 At BDEIG Seminar

Didn't get much sleep last night. Poor Bev had leg cramps a couple times that were so painful even I hurt for her!

I took a class for Jeannette. It was Debbie Goff's "Coastal Delight 5607," well worth it! I learned a few new stitches and had fun doing old stitches. Learned the way I was doing stem stich was half right. I thought both stem stitch and back stitch were the same. After looking at them side by side realized they are not! This was a 4 hour class. By 11 am I was yawning!

We had lunch and I had another salad. The meals here are awesome, no complaints here.

Next I was off and running to my next class, "The Northwest Bird Feeder" by Loretta Holzberger. I took out the "bigger" bird feeder I worked on last night. It wasn't laying right. Showed Loretta and we reversed it. Started appliquing it down till she started teaching the birds. I then went back to my smaller on (yesterday's photo) and worked on my bird. I learned how to make the feathers on the bird. I was doing it backwards.

After class we had supper and then came back to the room. Jeannette and i headed upstairs to the merchant mall. Of course I had to buy more stuff! Got a few more floss colors that will work for birds.

We relaxed and are now calling it a night. Have another class at 8 am tomorrow and realized I have 2 classes on Friday. Oh, well, I'm still having fun.

Hope others are Happy Quilting!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...