Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 3 At BDEIG Seminar

Didn't get much sleep last night. Poor Bev had leg cramps a couple times that were so painful even I hurt for her!

I took a class for Jeannette. It was Debbie Goff's "Coastal Delight 5607," well worth it! I learned a few new stitches and had fun doing old stitches. Learned the way I was doing stem stich was half right. I thought both stem stitch and back stitch were the same. After looking at them side by side realized they are not! This was a 4 hour class. By 11 am I was yawning!

We had lunch and I had another salad. The meals here are awesome, no complaints here.

Next I was off and running to my next class, "The Northwest Bird Feeder" by Loretta Holzberger. I took out the "bigger" bird feeder I worked on last night. It wasn't laying right. Showed Loretta and we reversed it. Started appliquing it down till she started teaching the birds. I then went back to my smaller on (yesterday's photo) and worked on my bird. I learned how to make the feathers on the bird. I was doing it backwards.

After class we had supper and then came back to the room. Jeannette and i headed upstairs to the merchant mall. Of course I had to buy more stuff! Got a few more floss colors that will work for birds.

We relaxed and are now calling it a night. Have another class at 8 am tomorrow and realized I have 2 classes on Friday. Oh, well, I'm still having fun.

Hope others are Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...