Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Trying to Decide WHAT to Work on...................

I was up shortly after Patrick left for work. Enjoyed my morning and told myself I would go downstairs to work on an eagle, dad's quilt, the 9 patch quilter, or even just quilt.....well....guess I couldn't decide! When I finally went down there I looked at the eagle pattern and realized it was bigger than the "salvage to salvage" size. I need to cut down the wings.....or can I do something different.

So, pulling out my patterns, looking them over and trying to decide what I'm going to do....found a pattern and decided to use those wings on the eagle body I'm already using......that means I have to pull the light box out....that means I need to re-do the pattern. Okay, that can wait. Then I pulled out the fabric for dad's quilt. I needed to make some more half square triangles.


Only had a small amount of the red and blue fabric. Will do want I can with what I have. Oh, great, a phone call. While she talked, I cut enough squares for 3 blocks to be completed. I need to cut more, but will do that later. By the time I decided what  was doing, it was 1 pm. I realized, if I don't go down there in the morning, chances are I won't go down there.

I had to reorganize my patterns on the peg board. They all fell down the other day. Patrick told me it was the patterns we heard, and I actually thought he would pick them up.....nope. They were still on the floor. So, I organized them. Found a couple cross stitch patterns I'm going to do next. Just need to decide which one will be first.


So, my table is back to having a big mess. I have more to clean again.

I came upstairs.

I appliqued the third stripe. I need to work on the rest of it. I was looking for my friendship block I was working on earlier. Couldn't find it and think I left it at mom's with the box. 

I did get some cleaning done today. Between laundry and vacuuming, I did sit and work on my cross stitch. I'm really not do that good with deciding what I want to work on. If I could do the deciding sooner, I would get more done! 


I have been getting more and more done. I do like this piece. I know it's going to take a long time, but I'm actually wanting to work on this more than I want to do applique or quilting. I seriously need to finish the quilt. I can't seem to be interested in quilting lately. I'll get back on track and do both! 

I'm getting there....working on it.....trying to be Happy Quilting!

Brazilian Embroidery Meeting and Dentist Visit

This morning I was up and ready to go. I enjoyed some TLC with my Kitty till about 8:10 am. Then called to make an appointment with the doct...