Thursday, November 24, 2016

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

FIRST - I WISH EVERYONE A VERY SPECIAL THANKSGIVING DAY!

We had a great day. Couldn't have asked for better. Mom and dad arrived early to join us for an early feast. We had all the fixing's! The turkey, stuffing, potatoes, with gravy, sweet yams, green bean casserole, homemade rolls (should have done my recipe), pumpkin, and pecan pies.

We sat down and played two rounds of Mexican train. Then Patrick got called out to work. While he was gone (1 1/2 hours), we watched two "Murdoch Mysteries" that I had recorded.  Patrick got home and we finished our game. Patrick beat dad by 1 point!


I pulled out the Christmas plates, but that's okay because Thanksgiving is the gateway to Christmas.

While we watched TV, I worked on my cross stitch.


I was able to get a good 200 stitches in. over the past three days, I've done close to 900 stitches. I'm almost done with the house. That will be done tonight, as I'm almost there. It's coming along nicely. I'm really loving how this is coming along.

Next week at this time, we will be in Seattle getting set up in the motel for dad's procedure.

I am very thankful for my parents coming over yesterday and today. It was very enjoyable and fun! This is a Thanksgiving that will be remembered for a long time. Mom was in a good mood and dad was having fun joking around.

Life is good - Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...