Monday, November 14, 2016

What Today Brought

This morning was the first time in a long time that I was able to walk with Ruth first. We walked a mile. I then went to the neighbors to help her with her socks. We decided to wait till about 1:30 pm to walk since the roads were still slick.

I came home and had some TLC time with my cat.


Then I got back to the laundry that I thought I finished Saturday. Oh, right! Patrick was home yesterday and cleaned! Can't complain about his cleaning, but he does get carried away when it comes to rugs, bedding, and towels. So, three loads later, I finally got a little caught up on laundry. Still have one more load to to do.

My daughter-in-law was able to come home today. I was glad to hear she's home. Sorry I wasn't able to be there.

I bought some linen for my cross stitch and embroidery. I was trying to find the best deal out there, but there really isn't one. I found eBay had some linen on sale. They wanted $10.00 for an eighth of a yard...REALLY?!...a yard of that fabric is around $20 - $24. Why would I spend half when I could get a half yard of it?....Oh, right, no one sells them by yards! I tried to look on line at JoAnn Fabrics, NOPE, not there either. I ended up with buying two different sizes at Everything Cross Stitch. If anyone knows of a better place to buy fabric...please let me know! I wasn't too thrilled with the prices, but noticed hand dyed fabrics are just as expensive. I may have to hand dye my own for the colors I want.

I worked on my cross stitch and watched a couple murder mysteries.

Patrick was later tonight because of a meeting. So, I was able to enjoy cross stitch for a bit. I'm sure there are things I could be doing...and probably will tonight. May even get back to Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...