Friday, December 1, 2017

Any Chance For A "Do Over?"

Went to Cherrill's this morning. Then headed over to mom's. Decided to get a hot chocolate at Starbucks. I had a free drink, so I picked a drink up for Patrick as well. He wasn't there, so left it on the desk. Then headed to moms.

I had all my stuff with me, I thought! Got to the house and there were most of the gals there. Of course, when that happens, I have to find another place to sit. All the good chairs are taken. So, I ended up in a chair in a corner, which was fine with me. I pulled out the QOV top to finish the eagles on the blocks......and I looked for the eagle fabric to use.....and I looked again. Nope, the fabric wasn't in the bag. Which meant it was still on the table...so I thought! I had the quilt that mom and I are working on, but I didn't want to pull that out and work on it. Which meant, NOTHING to work on. So, I played moms games for her - she asked me to. We talked about going out to eat next time. We have the reservations for a place downtown. When I got in the house, everyone was picking stuff in the kitchen. There were books, fabrics, patterns, and anything to do with quilting in there. Three of the gals brought their stuff they didn't want anymore and what our group didn't take was going to the quilt show's shop to help the Christian School in Centralia where they have the show. It's in April, but everyone drops stuff off at moms and she takes it to the school where they store it till the show. There was so much there! I couldn't believe how many books where there! Funny, but I only took one book. I did take the walking foot for my sewing machine. Then I did pick a couple fabrics. Mom cooked a vegetable soup - with chicken and turkey broth. She had stuff in it that I didn't care for, so I took the broth........well, come to find out she used the turkey broth from the turkey we had. Which explained why it had a "fatty" taste to it. I didn't eat it. They had desserts - all pumpkin desserts. I had a couple...still not good.

I got ready to leave and mom had some stuff she wanted me to do. Nothing new there. I returned the stuff she ordered, called the company and cancelled the order that was on back order. I packaged it up and had it ready to go. Then I took all the stuff everyone brought - that no one took - and put them in the back of the van. By the time I had them all in the van, dad was ready to help. lol


This is what I had done by the time dad decided to come help. lol

Next I was heading home. It was already 2 pm. I wanted to have Patrick meet me at Michael's to get my (now ironed) birds framed. He didn't want to do that yet. We'll do it after the year is over, so I had to put it in a "safe place" so it didn't get wrinkled again. NOW, let's see if I remember where that "safe place" is. As I was looking for a stiff board or something flat to keep them safe, I found a cross stitch piece I worked on over 15 years ago!! I thought I thew it away!! Now I have it, then I had to go looking for my kit! Luckily I found the kit. Now I have one more thing I need to finish....ugh.

Once that was done, I also found the fabric for the eagle. It was on my counter downstairs! I think someone was cleaning house and put it down there. It had been on the table for FOREVER, so I don't blame either one of them for putting it there. I put it with the quilt top and cut out the eagle I needed.


I appliqued the top eagle down, then I fixed the bottom eagle and rounded him off. So, it's done and I'll take it to the meeting on Tuesday. Not sure if I'll stay, but I do need to take this back to the gal that asked me to do this. THAT's what I WOULD have had done, IF I had taken the fabric with me.

Now it's Jeopardy on TV and I haven't done squat! (Excuse me, I did do the eagle - but that doesn't really count). Now I need to decide - quilting or cross stitching.

Well, since I didn't do any cross stitch yesterday, I may do that. Depends on how much time before going to bed. Lately, we've been going earlier because neither of us have been sleeping good. I usually play games before bed, so who knows.

Life is still going, I'm still trying to do stuff....and it didn't happen today. If I could do a "DO OVER" I might actually get something done - by remembering what I needed to take with me!

Oh, well. One day of visiting with friends and looking like I was quilting. I didn't even get any genealogy in. Darn. That's okay, I can live with it. I can also live with being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...