Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Spent The Day On The USS Midway

This morning we slept in later than yesterday. Then we walked down to the Broken Yoke for breakfast. I had a Tiki Toast for breakfast. Patrick has a Crispy French Toast and Katt had another breakfast sandwich.

We then walked about a mile or two to the USS Midway. I got a little emotional when we were in the radio room. That was similar to what my father did in the Air Force. This month is really hard on me. Knowing in two weeks we put his ashes to rest.


We had a photo done there of us. I actually like this one.


We had to get photos at the statues. It was fun getting poses.


Lots of aircrafts were on the carrier. It was so huge! Took a good 2 1/2 hours on the tour. Took tons of photos as well.


Afterwards we took a 2 hour ride around the harbor. We got to see even more Navy ships. Some in service, some being worked on, and some in dry dock. Really enjoyed both.

We then went to The Cheesecake Factory. It was awesome. I had a huge salad, which I couldn't eat all of. After dinner we shared a cheesecake.


It was so good! This was the raspbery with white chocolate. Really, really good!

Then it was a 2 mile hike back to the hotel. My feet are killing me. I think we will be going to Seaworld tomorrow. Should be fun.

Thinking of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...