Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Another Day!

Today was another day of not going downstairs to work on scraps. Hopefully I will be in the mood on Thursday. Time will tell.

Today I cleaned up around the house. Not much to clean, but did mop the kitchen floor and vacuum. Then I sat down with Charlie and watched a few programs I had taped. I did play games for awhile.

I had a wonderful visit with a friend I haven't seen in over a year. It was a good visit! She's doing an awesome job on her hand quilting. Plus she told me about another hand quilting group on Facebook, so I'm hoping they will let me be a member. I have been enjoying "Just Us Quilters" on Facebook. They tend to get me interested in getting back into quilting.


While Deanna was here, I was trying to figure out what I'm going to do with this one spot of the quilt that seems to be "buckling." I knew it was there, because when mom and I were cutting the border it showed up. I decided to try to use this square frame to help with "pulling" the fabric so that quilting would be easier. It will help me keep from getting a "bump" in the quilt. I just need to get a few more quilt stitches on the quilt, then I can pull it tight to be able to get the quilting done. That's one of the ways that you "quilt it out."

I think once I get past this spot, it will be easier, and I can get moving along the edge faster. I'm hoping this will work and I'm feeling good about it.

Today was one of those days that I really didn't seem to want to do much. I'm in one of those moods. Hopefully there is something good on TV tonight while I quilt.

I have been reading more lately too. I found a couple of books that are murder mysteries. I'll post them tomorrow when I have the books closer. I'm also going to try and post a couple books for sale. I'm finally figuring out how to do that on this blog.

I hope your having a great day! May you all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...