Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Day of Waiting more than Anything!

Today was one of those days, where appointments and running around seem to take over my day.

I started out with my usual walk with my neighbor. Then I had to come home and work on my exercises and head up to Olympia to see my doctor about my back. Charlie wanted her attention, so I did give her a 10 min "pampering" before heading out. Since I have to drive 30 mins to Olympia, I always seem to take longer than it's supposed to be. A 30 min drive ended up being a 50 min drive because of rain and traffic. I had a 10 am appointment, got there about 5 mins before my appointment time. Waited 45 mins to have my name called. Waited another 50 mins in the room for the doctor. Oh, and the best part - called Phil to tell him I was running late and it would be another 30 mins before I could meet up with him. When I did that, the doctor showed up. We talked about my back, he had me bend to see how the physical therapy was doing. Good news - he said I'm doing great and need to keep up the good work. My meeting with him was 10 mins tops! Best part is that I don't have to go back for another year - unless I keep having problems, but he was really impressed with my physical therapy.

In the meantime, Phil thought I was going to be late, and he went to another store. Then he got lost on the freeway, and an half hour later, he met up with me for lunch. lol My parents called three times today before they headed out for Oklahoma. Patrick took the day off, but in the meantime, I headed to the folks place to take care of the pets.

After fixing supper, I made tea, and decided I better get to work on my applique projects.


So, I went into mom's sewing room and started cutting the bias strips that I needed for the Celtic block.


I used the 3/8" bias tape maker and ironed the "rods." After I did that, I used the "WashAway Wonder Tape" to be able to stick the rods onto the design. I decided not to use the tape that is supposed to be used on the tape maker, as it didn't work with a "dang."


I used the strip I had left from when I did the other section. Now I have 3 more strips ready to work on the rest of the design. Since the quilters are coming over tomorrow,I will applique it done. I taped it down, and as you can see, I need to work on a couple of the "points" to get them to lay down right. The end piece that is under, will be cut off and another piece will start under the "overlay" when I get there. I need to keep that there, just in case I need more tape in a special area.

Today was one busy day, and hopefully tomorrow will be a day of getting stuff done other than running around. I'm off to do my exercises and try to get stuff done. - As if that will happen! lol

Best wishes, and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...